SAN RAMON, Cali. – The newly established Open Security & Safety Alliance (OSSA), a non-profit, non-stock corporation formed to outline specifications for a common standardized platform for security and safety solutions, has announced that since its formation in fall 2018, the organization has grown by 50 per cent.
March 27, 2019 By SP&T Staff
OSSA says it is attracting players ranging from device manufacturers, software developers and system integrators to distributors and system on a chip companies.
“We’re extremely pleased OSSA is drawing strong support from progressive companies across various sectors, as our purpose is to all start from a common platform business model to spur innovation and add real value for customers and users as they manage and monitor property, people and surrounding circumstances,” said Johan Jubbega, president, Open Security & Safety Alliance, in a prepared statement. “Each new member brings diverse insight and expertise to the bigger picture we’re working to bring into focus for stakeholders in the security, safety, building automation solutions and associated industries.”
The Open Security & Safety Alliance’s five founding companies are Bosch Building Technologies, Hanwha Techwin, Milestone Systems, Pelco by Schneider Electric and VIVOTEK Inc.
The organization says members have already achieved outputs including:
- Specification of a common technology stack to cater to innovation and reduce market fragmentation.
- Definition of a common and vendor-agnostic operating system (OS).
- Description of a common market approach to data security and privacy.
- Establishment of an ecosystem of like-minded companies.
- Keynote speeches at Milestone’s Integration Platform Symposium and VIP customer events in the U.S., EMEA and Asia-Pacific region.
- First prototype cameras based on the commonly defined technology stack and OS have been realized and will be showcased at ISC West 2019.
OSSA says it offers membership levels to meet the needs of companies big or small.
Print this page
- MxMSP Video Surveillance as a Service available for MOBOTIX cameras
- Resideo makes first acquisition since spin-off