Honeywell enhances Total Connect services
Honeywell has released a number of updates to its popular Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 platform to help security dealers provide a better user experience, stay competitive and drive more recurring monthly revenue (RMR).
May 13, 2015 By Staff
The enhancements extend the value and reach of the solution, which lets consumers use mobile devices to remotely control security and automation functions, view live video, and stay in the know with real-time alerts.
“In today’s mobile society, people are busier than ever. So we focused on key areas of usability to make it easy for customers to manage their systems in a way that revolves around their lives,” said Alice DeBiasio, general manager for Honeywell Total Connect. “The Smart Scenes, for example, are so intuitive users can set scenes to personalize their environment without any training. Enhancements like tool tips, the refreshed interface and auto-syncing all make Honeywell Total Connect easier to use, easier to sell, and provide dealers with more opportunity for RMR.”
Platform enhancements include:
· Smart Scene Wizards: An intuitive wizard guides users through each step when configuring scenes for energy savings, ambiance and convenience—reducing training time, delivering a better user experience and helping consumers make the most of their connected homes and businesses. This feature is supported on the iPhone, iPad, Android and web via Internet Explorer 10+ or higher.
· Expanded Test Drive Demo: The Test Drive demo, which lets dealers simulate a “live” experience of the platform right on a user’s iPhone without the need for Wi-Fi or cellular connectivity, has been expanded to support iPad and Android devices. It also contains tool tips—informative pop-ups that accompany and explain each feature. It’s an excellent sales tool and an easy way to familiarize consumers with the features and benefits of Honeywell Total Connect.
· Dynamic New Interface: The sleek new interface is cleaner, more modern and inviting, with a subtle colour refresh for a calming visual feel. It’s intuitive and easy to operate, with a common user interface that makes operation easier and familiar across all platforms. It is available in four languages— English, French Canadian, Latin American Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese.
· Smart Auto-Syncing: Honeywell Total Connect auto-syncs with the LYNX Touch 7000, 5200 and 5100 Control Systems—greatly simplifying operation when adding or removing sensors, users and Z-Wave® devices or rules. Panel changes occur automatically within seconds.
· Touch ID: The platform supports Touch ID, an easy, highly secure feature from Apple that uses customers’ fingerprints to act as their passcodes when logging into the iOS app. It works on iPhone 5S, 6, 6Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 and is supported on iOS 8+.
For more information, visit the Dealer Toolkit here.
Print this page