CANASA Update: Security Canada West sets record numbers
July 27, 2023 By Patrick Straw
After a very successful Security Canada East in Laval, Que., in April we saw record attendance and vendor support at our June 14 Security Canada West trade show and conference in Richmond, B.C.
Immediately following Security Canada West, we held our AGM and appointed a new board of directors.
The board, representing CANASA nationally, will work with CANASA staff to continue our growth as an association. Thank you to all who have accepted the responsibility on our behalf.
- Bob Smith, president
- Neil Jones, vice-president
- Brahm Ptack, treasurer
- Scott Young, GardaWorld Security Systems (Alberta)
- Roger Miller, Northeastern Protection Services (Atlantic)
- Stuart (Stu) Armour, Affordable Security Systems (B.C.)
- Anna de Jager, TAG Dispatch (Ontario)
- Helen Perry-Raycraft, City of Saskatoon (Prairie)
- Daniel Cyr, Sirix (Quebec)
- Brahm Ptack, Central Security BPG Ltd. (monitoring)
- Luke Raymond, Inaxsys Security Systems (vendor)
- Tracy Chamzuk, Best Built In
- Neil Jones, Johnson Controls
- Shelley McQuigge, Paladin Technologies
- Bob Smith, Alliance Security Team
CANASA would also like to thank the board members who are leaving this year: Anita Brunet (past president), Jonathan Metcalfe, Trask Dittburner, Kevin Leonard and Al Cavers.
At our AGM, CANASA’s most prestigious award for outstanding contributions to our industry was presented to Anita Brunet, who has just completed her term as president of our board. Anita has contributed to our industry and association for decades, championing diversity, integrity and professionalism. She is always willing to step up and take on a new challenge on behalf of the Canadian security industry.
Security Canada Central
We are very excited about Security Canada Central in October. Thanks to great work by Steve Basnett, CANASA’s director of trade shows, we sold out our initial offering of booths. Steve has worked with the venue to add a few more. If you would like more information, visit www.canasa.org.
Print this page
- Build your knowledge base to improve client relationships
- GardaWorld to offer RAD solutions to Canadian customers