Fire & Life Safety
Updated CAD system improves incident response
A host of enriched features and functionality in Zetron’s updated computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system may improve the ways public safety agencies are able to collect and use incident information. This can result in faster, more accurate responses to events and improved incident management, says Zetron.
The new release of Zetron’s CAD system offers a range of new capabilities:
• Enhanced incident handling and incident management. New capabilities allow users to: access information based on incident role; link incident-management records; detect duplicate incidents; clone incidents; and view incident information by agency.
• Support for multiple database operation. Provides mirrored duplicate databases, background database synchronization, and automatic database failover.
• Interface support for next-generation ALI standards.
• Improved National Crime Information Center (NCIC) search capabilities, including query by person, vehicle, article, boat, or gun.
• Enhanced resource management that improves how incident resources are assigned and controlled.
• Improved location validation. Includes search for location by name, intersection, or previous incident locations.
“Our updated CAD system improves agencies’ ability to obtain and apply incident information and resources,” said Zetron’s vice-president of product management, Gary Stidham. “This, in turn, improves the speed and accuracy of their response as well as their ability to manage, associate, differentiate, and report critical information – both during and after an incident.”