According to a new study from The Freedonia Group, “Smart Lighting in the U.S.,” smart lighting controls accounted for 63 per cent of smart lighting sales in 2017.
August 21, 2018 By SP&T Staff
Smart lighting controls include lighting-specific control devices separate from any light source or fixture, such as:
• centralized lighting system control boxes
• lighting-specific smart home hubs and bridges
• smart light switches and dimmers
The study reports that U.S. demand for smart lighting (lighting sources, fixtures and controls) is forecast to increase to $945 million by year-end 2018. By 2025, demand is expected to reach $4.4 billion, driven by:
• rapid growth in the broader smart tech and IoT markets, including smart home devices, nonresidential building automation and smart city infrastructure
• consumer interest in the convenience of smart lighting capabilities, such as wireless, away-from-home and voice control
• energy saving initiatives, especially in nonresidential applications
The Freedonia Group also identifies the leading industry players in the market, including Cree, Eaton, General Electric, Hubbel, Signify, Ledvance and Legrand.
Print this page
- Tractica: voice and speech recognition software market to reach $6.9 billion by 2025
- Ovum: Amazon’s Alexa leading in the AI assistant market