Smart WiFi Deadbolt from Schlage Encode Plus
January 12, 2022 By SP&T Staff
Schlage, a provider of home security and access solutions, virtually presented the Schlage Encode Plus Smart WiFi Deadbolt at the 2022 International Consumer Electronics Show.
The Schlage Encode Plus lock supports Apple’s latest enhancement to the HomeKit experience with home keys capability. With home keys in Apple Wallet, consumers can tap to unlock the Schlage Encode Plus deadbolt using their iPhone and Apple Watch for access to their home.
“Throughout our 100-year history, we have remained committed to revolutionizing the user experience with convenient and secure home access our customers can trust,” said Dave Ilardi, general manager at Schlage in a statement.
“We’re excited about our collaboration with Apple that brings together two highly regarded brands with a history and reputation for delivering innovation to the connected home. The Schlage Encode Plus Smart WiFi Deadbolt provides homeowners with an even simpler and secure way to access their homes. This is just another step in our vision to create purposeful experiences that deliver simplicity and peace of mind.”
According to Schlage, users of the Home Key in Apple Wallet don’t even need to unlock their iPhone or Apple Watch to open their lock. Additionally, users who also adopt Power Reserve1 may still be able to tap to unlock for up to five hours after their iPhone battery runs out. The lock is also fully supported by the Schlage Home app.
The same features developed with Schlage’s original WiFi-enabled lock are available through the Schlage Home app as explained below.
- Homeowners can check the status of their deadbolt and lock/unlock the deadbolt remotely from their phone.
- Homeowners can create and manage up to 100 access codes from the app, as well as set schedules for those codes for recurring, temporary or permanent access.
- Pairing the Schlage Encode Plus deadbolt with the Schlage Home app allows homeowners to use Alexa or Google Assistant to control their lock via voice.
- The Schlage Encode Plus deadbolt is compatible with iOS and Android devices via the Schlage Home app.
Print this page
- Parth Gadhavi becomes TOA Canada’s new Business Development Manager
- SALTO says it has achieved carbon neutrality