The Security Industry Association (SIA) recently established the SIA Women in Security Forum to support women’s participation in the industry.
March 29, 2018 By SP&T Staff
The forum’s inaugural steering committee will attract members (male and female) who share this goal.
SIA reports that the inaugural steering committee includes:
• Elaine Palome, Axis Communications
• Chelsea Render, Bosch
• Kelly Bond, Brivo
• Vicky Lowe, Convergint Technologies
• Janet Fenner, Dahua Technology USA
• Sherida Sessa, ISC Security Events
• Dawne Hanks, Milestone Systems
• Christine Hamberis, ScanSource
• Alice DiSanto, Sharp Intellos
• Maureen Carlo, Videotec Security
• Lynn de Seve, GSA Schedules Inc.
According to the SIA’s website, the forum aims to create mentorship/sponsorship programs to encourage advancement in the workplace; put on networking events to connect women in the industry; develop a recruiting program for up-and-coming female professionals and leaders; start a dialogue between male and female leaders, and more.
Membership is open to SIA members in good standing, and non-members are eligible for up to 90 days.
Print this page