The Security Industry Association (SIA) recently established the SIA Women in Security Forum to support women’s participation in the industry.
The forum’s inaugural steering committee will attract members (male and female) who share this goal.
SIA reports that the inaugural steering committee includes:
• Elaine Palome, Axis Communications
• Chelsea Render, Bosch
• Kelly Bond, Brivo
• Vicky Lowe, Convergint Technologies
• Janet Fenner, Dahua Technology USA
• Sherida Sessa, ISC Security Events
• Dawne Hanks, Milestone Systems
• Christine Hamberis, ScanSource
• Alice DiSanto, Sharp Intellos
• Maureen Carlo, Videotec Security
• Lynn de Seve, GSA Schedules Inc.
According to the SIA’s website, the forum aims to create mentorship/sponsorship programs to encourage advancement in the workplace; put on networking events to connect women in the industry; develop a recruiting program for up-and-coming female professionals and leaders; start a dialogue between male and female leaders, and more.
Membership is open to SIA members in good standing, and non-members are eligible for up to 90 days.