ONVIF elects new committee members
ONVIF, the standardization body for IP-based physical security products, recently held elections, installing a number of new officers and chairmen.
December 18, 2012 By Staff
ONVIF’s annual meeting was held in Coral Gables, Fla., last month and was attended by representatives from among the group’s more than 400 member companies.
- Per Björkdahl of Axis Communications was elected chairman of the steering committee;
- Etsumi Kanaya from Panasonic and Ray Still from Pelco by Schneider Electric were elected as new members to the technical committee;
- Neelendra Shandari of Honeywell and Scott Hudson of Pelco by Schneider Electric joined as new representatives of the Technical Services Committee;
- Stuart Rawling of Pelco by Schneider Electric and Mike Mao of Honeywell were chosen to serve on the communications committee; and
- Ichiro Ogawa of Panasonic and Michael Luetzeler of Siemens were re-elected as members of the steering committee for an additional one-year term.
“With our focus on Profiles for video streaming, video storage and access control, ONVIF remains dedicated to streamlining and simplifying the implementation of our specification,” said Björkdahl in a statement. “Along with ONVIF’s growing membership numbers, these profile introductions are visible signs that ONVIF is maintaining momentum in its mission of achieving widespread interoperability in the market.”
Print this page