iCLASS SE access control platform leverages HID Global’s new secure identity object (SIO) digital credential technology
HID Global announced the release of its next generation access control readers and credentials based on the company’s new iCLASS SIO technology-enabled (SE) platform. This platform introduces technology-independent digital credentials that can be deployed for use on smart phones, microprocessor-based cards, contactless smart cards, USB tokens and related devices.
The iCLASS SE platform is a building block in the access control industry’s first Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled mobile identity and access management solutions, now being developed by various HID Global partners. Based on open standards to support a wide array of smart card technologies, HID Global’s new access control platform supports iCLASS, MIFARE DESFire EV1 and other contactless smart card technologies. It extends physical access control beyond traditional cards and readers to enable deployment of mobile access with digital credentials. To accommodate constantly evolving security challenges, iCLASS SE provides users with the ability to increase security levels via simple firmware updates and efficiently address future changes in requirements as they occur.
HID Global’s platform 13.56 MHz smart cards and readers include:
iCLASS SE Readers:
• Feature multi-layered security with a tamper-proof design, using EAL5+-certified secure element hardware to protect keys and cryptographic operations for additional identity data security. The field-programmable readers also feature energy-efficient intelligent power management and use recycled content to help attain LEED credits.
• Available in two configurations: iCLASS SIO technology-enabled (SE) readers, and multiCLASS SE readers that enable seamless migration by supporting multiple credential technologies, including 125 kHz HID Prox, Indala Prox, AWID and EM4102.
SIO Technology-Enabled Digital Credentials:
• iCLASS SE Cards: Available in 2k-bit, 16k-bit or 32k-bit versions. Users can add a magnetic stripe/barcode and anti-counterfeiting features, including custom artwork and photo IDs.
• iCLASS SE Clamshell Cards: Feature an ABS shell construction for durability in harsh environments.
• SIO-Enabled (SE) Cards for MIFARE: Use mutual authentication and data encryption with a 32-bit serial number and feature securely separated sectors to allow complex applications and enable future expansion.
• SIO-Enabled (SE) Cards for MIFARE DESFire EV1: Available in PVC and Composite PET/PVC construction, they can accept embedded contact chips for logical access and biometric ID systems. Custom programming with Indala formats is also available.