Honeywell adds sensor to wireless indoor motion detectors
Honeywell announced the addition of a new sensor to its line of 5800 Wireless Series Indoor Motion Detectors. The 5898 Wireless K-Band DUAL TEC Motion Sensor combines PIR and K-Band microwave technologies.
Key benefits include:
• 17% longer battery life than the 5897-35 DUAL TEC Sensor
• An automatic walk test mode that turns on the LED for ten minutes—saving installers a trip up the ladder and letting them move on to the next job more quickly
• Remotely programmable pet immunity eliminates the need for service calls to change the PIR sensitivity if the end-user’s lifestyle changes (i.e. 100 lbs. or 0 lbs. of pet immunity)
• Covered PCB reduces chance of damage during installation
• The cold or hot temperature alert option provides information needed to act quickly and respond to unexpected temperature changes in homes or businesses due to potential power outages, boiler/HVAC breakdowns and broken windows