Hanwha Techwin has updated its version of Wisenet WAVE Video Management Software.
Version 5.0 expands the platform’s focus on cybersecurity, system usability, convenience and interactivity.
“A VMS platform is the heart of a video surveillance network system,” said Ramy Ayad, director, product management at Hanwha Techwin in a statement.
“The devices that connect to it are increasingly sophisticated and multi-functional. A VMS system needs to continually evolve its capabilities to keep pace and exceed user requirements. This version 5.0 marks the continuing evolution of our WAVE platform as the future-proof solution security professionals need.”
New features of Wisenet WAVE 5.0 VMS include:
- Advanced Object Search — Operators can now search for objects identified by analytics and stored in video archives by specific attributes such as colour, gender, age, clothing.
- Metadata-driven Archive Backup — Users can configure backups of video archives based on associated system metadata, including motion, bookmarks, or objects, in addition to real-time, scheduled, or on-demand backups.
- Web Page Proxy via Servers — Local device or on-premise application web pages can be proxied via the server application and viewed through a remote connection.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) — Cloud-connected systems can now use two-factor authentication (2FA) as a system-wide setting requiring all users with cloud accounts to use an authentication app for access. Cloud supports Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator or Duo Mobile.
- Resource Grouping — Operators can group resources (cameras, streams, encoders, web pages) in the desktop client to create roles and permissions, and for faster navigation of large systems.
- Audio Mapping — Operators can assign audio capabilities from different devices. For example, an audio source from a camera or I/O module with a microphone can be used as an audio source for another camera, or a two-way audio button can be placed on a camera without a microphone and used with a different camera with an attached speaker.
Print this page
- Floria Chiu joins Telus Custom Security Systems as national sales manager
- Hikvision K-Series NVR update