Axis touts network audio line-up for public address and security reinforcement
February 5, 2023 By Neil Sutton
Axis Communications Canada recently hosted a presentation for its dealers and partners on network audio technology and how it can be utilized for security purposes as well as other use cases like marketing, promotions and streaming background music and scheduled announcements.
The session was hosted at the company’s Toronto Axis Experience Centre by Jason Chiu, professional services group manager Canada and Stanley Kuan, regional sales manager, Central Canada.
The audio equipment, including speakers, can be integrated into other systems such as access control and surveillance, and controlled from a single interface, according to Axis.
Audio tools can be used as a deterrent against theft in high value retail environments, said Chiu and Kuan. For example, a surveillance solution could detect loitering in a baby formula aisle and trigger a loudspeaker message calling for a sales associate. A would-be shoplifter would move on rather than draw unwanted attention.
Axis’ network audio tools include:
- C1410 network mini speaker, which is designed to fit into small spaces, can be installed with PoE, and includes remote health testing and a PIR sensor for motion detection. The sensor can be configured to trigger an audio clip if motion is detected.
- C1210-E and C1211-E network ceiling speakers
- An Axis Audio Manager Edge application, which includes functions like zone management and content scheduling (voice messages, alerts, streaming music). A Pro version is available for larger business users with more advanced needs (more than 20 zones or over 200 speakers).
- C1510 and C1511 network pendant speakers
- Axis D4100-E network strobe siren with a variety of light and sound patterns
- Axis C8110 network audio bridge for connecting analogue and network audio systems
Print this page