Axis Communications brings industry’s first open IP-based access controller to the Canadian market
Axis Communications announces the Canadian launch of the open, IP-based AXIS A1001 Network Door Controller. AXIS A1001, the first non-proprietary and open IP-based access controller on the market, was first available in the United States in January of 2014 as Axis’ first network door controller. The product will now be available to Canadian partners and customers starting in April.
March 25, 2014 By Staff
Additionally, since the initial U.S. product launch in January, AXIS A1001 became the world’s first ONVIF Profile C-conformant product, reinforcing Axis’ belief in the importance of open architecture and standards.
“Following the successful U.S. launch of Axis’ first network door controller at ASIS 2013, our team has received a tremendous amount of questions about the product and when it will be available in Canada,” said Robert Moore, country manager, Canada, Axis Communications, Inc. “We are excited to say that that day has come we’re bringing AXIS A1001 to our channel partner program, highlighted with our upcoming road show.”
Axis will launch AXIS A1001 in Canada as part of the Access Control Roadshow in April. Integrators can preview AXIS A1001 at the following locations:
• Mississauga, April 2
• Ottawa, April 9
• Vancouver, April 15
• Calgary, April 16
• Halifax, April 16
• Edmonton, April 17
• Montreal, April 29
People interested in attending the road show should contact Canada-Marketing@axis.com.
AXIS A1001 Network Door Controller with its built-in web-based software is a complement to Axis’ portfolio of network video products. The AXIS A1001 platform creates unique integration possibilities for partners and end-users with two different solutions:
• AXIS A1001 coupled with the built-in, web-based AXIS Entry Manager software is a ready-made solution for small- to mid-sized installations – such as at offices, industrial buildings and retail stores – with typically 10 doors and basic access control requirements.
• For larger enterprise systems, the open application programming interface (API) of AXIS A1001 enables Axis’ Application Development Partners (ADPs) to design software solutions that meet specific customer requirements such as video integration and advanced access control functionality. The following ADPs will showcase their access control integration at ISC West, April 2-4 inside the Partner Pavilion at Axis booth #14059: 3VR, ELERTS, Genetec, IMRON Corporation, Milestone Systems, Next Level Security Systems, OnSSI and Zaplox.
Main features of AXIS A1001 Network Door Controller include:
• Open architecture for easy integration of video, intrusion detection and other systems;
• Power over Ethernet support to reduce separate power and proprietary cables;
• UL 2043 listing for plenum-rated products that comply with fire performance response for smoke and heat release in air-handling spaces;
• Automatic synchronization and storage of cardholder data and system configuration information between controllers, with units manageable from any network computer;
• Enablement for a fully scalable edge solution with one controller for each door at a fixed price per door, eliminating traditional central controller multiples of 4, 8, 16 or 32 doors;
• Support for most existing reader protocols and reader types, as well as standard IT and security equipment such as door locks and door position sensors;
• Installation wizard and unique wiring printouts that correspond to the unit’s color-coded connectors help integrators complete installation and verify that door locks, readers and other equipment are connected properly;
• Open API designed for compliance with ONVIF Profile C, which will enable interoperability between clients and devices of physical access control systems (PACS) and network-based video systems.
Print this page